Switch up taco night with these crowd-pleasing Salsa Chicken Tacos. The combination of chunky salsa and taco seasoning packs loads of flavor into the tender chicken. These chicken tacos can be made with fresh or frozen chicken breasts. Simply add 10 minutes of pressure cook time if using frozen chicken breasts.Print
- 2 cups chunky salsa
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 taco seasoning packet 1-ounce
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 8 crunchy taco shells
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup Mexican blend grated cheese
- In a medium bowl, combine chunky salsa, broth, and taco seasoning. Whisk to combine. Pour salsa mixture into Instant Pot.
- Add chicken breast to Instant Pot and stir.
- Close lid and set pressure release to Sealing.
- Press Manual or Pressure Cook button and adjust time to 10 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure. Unlock lid and remove it.
- Use two forks to shred chicken.
- Serve chicken in taco shells topped with shredded lettuce and cheese.
PER SERVING CALORIES: 447 | FAT: 19g | PROTEIN: 38g | SODIUM: 2,017mg FIBER: 6g | CARBOHYDRATES: 32g | SUGAR: 9g
Keywords: instant pot chicken recipe, instant pot recipe, instant pot taco recipes, pressure cooker recipes, taco recipes, tacos