This creamy soup is ready in less time than it takes to bake a potato. Easy, cheesy, beautiful.Print
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves chopped
- 6 large russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- shredded cheddar for serving
- Chopped cooked bacon for serving
- Freshly chopped chives for serving
Set Instant Pot to Sauté, and melt butter. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
Add potatoes and broth, and secure lid. Set to Pressure Cook/Manual on High for 8 minutes. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to quick release, then remove lid.
In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons milk and cornstarch to make a slurry.
Set Instant Pot to Sauté. Pour in slurry, remaining 1 cup of milk, and heavy cream. Let boil about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with cheddar, bacon, and chives before serving.
Keywords: instant pot loaded backed potato soup recipe, instant pot potato soup, instant pot soup, instant pot soup recipe, potato soup recipe, pressure cooker recipes, soup recipes