Chicken breast smothered in a rich and creamy mushroom sauce…this keto 30 minute meal can be on your dinner table in no time. Serve it with my Instant pot mashed cauliflower for a winner of a dinner.Traditionally you would serve chicken stroganoff on top of cooked noodles. But for those of us on a keto or low carb diet, the starch is actually the enemy,
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty chicken stroganoff recipe. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
Chicken: I use cubed boneless skinless chicken breasts when making this recipe. I’m fairly confident that boneless skinless chicken thighs would work too and might, in fact, be juicier. But I almost always have chicken breast on hand, so that’s what I tend to use.
Kosher salt and black pepper: If using fine salt, you should reduce the amount you use, or the dish could end up too salty.
Olive oil: I love cooking with this delicious oil. But if you’d rather use an oil with a higher smoke point, you can use avocado oil instead.
Chopped onion: I’m lazy, so I use the food processor when I need to chop onions. Sometimes I even buy pre-chopped onions at the store. Hey, whatever makes life easy, right?
Sliced fresh mushrooms: White mushrooms, Cremini, or baby Bella. All work equally well in this recipe.
Minced garlic: Mince it yourself, or use the stuff that comes in a jar. Both work. You already know that I’m lazy, so guess what I use…
Heavy cream: I tried using Greek yogurt one time and thought it eas too tart. So heavy cream is definitely the way to go!
Keto Chicken Stroganoff is chicken breast smothered in a rich and creamy mushroom sauce…this keto 30 minute meal can be on your dinner table in no time. . Stroganoff’s are a stunning combination of Protein Cream and Mushrooms, a simple match made in heaven.
- 3 Chicken breast sliced in half lengthwise
salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 1/2 Small onion diced
- 8 ounces Baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Cup Chicken broth
- 1/2 Tablespoon Dried dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Season both sides of the chicken breast cutlets with salt and pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add the avocado oil and cook the chicken breast on both sides until brown and cooked through. Use a meat thermometer to insure they are 165F internal temperature.
- Lower the heat to medium and add in the onions. Cook until translucent. Add in the garlic, and the mushrooms. Continue to cook for 8 more minutes until the mushrooms are browned
- Add in the heavy cream, chicken broth and dijon mustard. Bring the sauce to a boil and let cook over medium high heat until reduced by half.
- Add in the dill and the lemon juice.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and serve.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 295
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 28g
Keywords: Keto Chicken Stroganoff