Keto Digestive Cycle Time
In an earlier post we talked about intermittent fasting and the benefits it has for the human body. It is important that we understand why intermittent fasting is beneficial. We also need to understand the digestive cycle and the role it plays in our health. A very important piece of this puzzle is the digestive cycle time and how to make it work best for us.
Our body goes through 3 eight hour cycles every day.
- This is from 12 in the afternoon till 8pm
- Also known as the eating cycle
- Eat small meals, but often, to regulate blood sugar
- Do not eat after 8 pm
- This is between 8pm and 4 am
- This cycle occurs at night
- During this cycle our bodies extract nutrients and use it
- This is normally when we are asleep, so the digestive system can work without interruption
- During this cycle the body extract nutrients from the intestines, which has a high water, high fiber content
- Proper assimilation allows the body to replenish our cells
- Lymph nodes pick up and filter waste
- This is around 4am to 12 noon
- Elimination is simply the removal of waste from the body
- The body eliminates waste using the bowel, urine and lymph nodes in the armpits, groin area, etc
Errors of defect in the elimination cycle leads to obesity and other diseases. When you eat big, fatty breakfasts, you jeopardize this elimination process. If you don’t eat enough fiber or drink enough water, this also have a negative impact in elimination. It is therefor important that we try and establish this cycle in our daily lives. Once again, it links back to intermittent fasting and the benefits it has on your both.
Try and make it your goal this week to practice intermittent fasting at least 4 days. Once you get into this habit, you won’t believe how much better you feel. Try not to take laxative, as this have a really negative impact on your digestive system. If you consume enough fiber and water, there won’t be any need to take laxatives. If you are constipated, increase fiber and water intake.
Be kind to your body and it would be kind to you 🙂